Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s IOS6 Wireless Access Point Issues : Not Accepting Password Key

If you experiencing the above subject heading, please read below

Go to Settings, General, About

Scroll down till you see Modem Firmware

Reply Back with your Modem Firmware

Modem Firmware: 04.12.02

Wireless Access Point Device: NetGear WG102 which is superceded by NetGear WG103.

I have Firmware 5.0 for this device

Also check your IOS Version and (BUILD)

If your Modem Firmware is LESS than the above, then you have the same problem as myself and many others with Wireless Connectivity issues to WAP's

It is my understanding, unless im proven wrong by anyone with my above findings, this can only be fixed by APPLE. I have reported this as a BUG

Please REPLY only to this thread if you're criteria is less than the MODEM FIRMWARE listed

Im checking to see if i can be proven wrong in my findings.

I have performed the below

Backup Phone

Factory Reset

Network Reset

Hard Reset

Soft Reset

Apply Store in Australia, Sydney CBD George St have tried the above with meand cant help either.

Apple support via the phone cant help. This problem has now been logged as a BUG for the time being.

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:07 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2012 8:04 PM in response to Shanon.Roberts

Hi Everyone,

Please refer to my post below of how i resolved my connectivity issue

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4317427?start=585&tstart=0

In short: Netgear Prosafe WAP Wg102 : I had to downgrade firmware V5.03 to V5.01 and everything back to normal.

Netgear is aware of the connectivity issue with IOS6 and are in the process of writing a firmware for the device.

As a poster commented after my solution, these issues may not entirely be an APPLE fault, it could be firmware frmo your WiFi vendor which they sent to APPLE before they rolled out IOS6 which was buggy, hence having to "roll back" firmware.

Good Luck everyone

Iphone 4s IOS6 Wireless Access Point Issues : Not Accepting Password Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.