Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X items could not sync, see iTunes-but iTunes has no info?

I know I'm asking about something that has been asked already, but I'm hoping to make this wheel squeak a ittle louder so Apple will do something to solve this problem. 😉 I'm also hoping that by throwing out some more information a smart person (smarter than me!) might stumble upon a solution that I haven't tried.

My husband and I both had iPhones, a 3G and a 3GS). We ordered refurbished 4G's from our wireless carrier and got them today. We have never had a problem syncing with iTunes until we tried to sync the new phones.

When I synced his new phone I got an error that said "577 items could not sync, see iTunes for more info." Of course, when I went to iTunes there was no dialog box, or little triangle with an exclamation point, or any other sign that there had been a problem. On a whim, I tried to sync a second time. Lo and behold, iTunes copied some more songs to his phone. Exactly 577 songs. Clearly the songs were the issue, and for whatever reason iTunes and iPhone worked it out amongst themselves. I got no more error messages on his phone. But my phone was far less agreeable... Initially I got a similar error message. I didn't write it down, but something near 2,000 items could not be synced, and iTunes gave no indication of what the problem items were. But since syncing again worked on his phone I gave it a shot. It says 1882 photos are being copied to my phone. It seemed to work fine, iTunes gave no indication of a failure, but my phone pops up another error message. This time 1109 items could not sync. I try to sync again. Now 646 photos are being copied. Again I get an error message but only on the phone -- 527 items could not sync. By this point I was pretty frustrated, so I went here looking for answers. Based on previous posts I tried the following:

reset warnings in iTunes

reset iTunes store cache

After doing both of those things I tried to sync again. iTunes copied 184 photos to my phone, and I got an error message - 396 items could not be synced. So clearly resetting the above didn't solve the problem (for me anyway). So then I:

deleted the iPhone Photo Cache

Finally! I synced again and got no error messages. When I performed the final sync, the progress bar in iTunes showed that nothing was copied to my phone. Yet, at least count, there were 396 items that were not synced. So here is the question: Has anyone figured out how to force iTunes to tell us exactly which items were not synced? According to my phone (Settings> General> About> Photos), I am missing photos when compared to the number of photos listed in iPhoto itself. It seems like I've managed to turn off the error message, but it hasn't really solved the problem of the photos not transferring to begin with.

Thanks all!

FYI Using iPhoto '08

iPhoto '08

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:42 PM

1 reply

X items could not sync, see iTunes-but iTunes has no info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.