Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture and SSD workflow

I just got my 240GB Corsair GT Force SSD and made a fresh install of mountain lion plus aperture and other apps on it.

My question, is it just the library that should reside on the SSD for faster performance or I should have my referenced masters on the SSD as well?

If both need to be on the SSD, my idea is to relocate only the masters for the project I'm currently working on and then put them back to the old HDD.

So again, only the library on the SSD or library + masters?

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 3:59 AM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2012 5:33 AM in response to MacGuido

I suggest that you run your own test 😉 .

Here are my general suggestions. Others here in the forum are much better informed about hardware specifics.

IME, the location of the Originals (=Masters) makes no appreciable difference in Aperture's performance. My general suggestion remains: Library on the fastest drive (almost always the system drive); Originals on the least expensive drive.

Leave yourself room for your Library and file storage to double in size.

Libraries don't even have to be on the fastest drive. CPU, GPU, RAM, and overall system performance are much more relevant to Aperture performance than Library location.

aperture and SSD workflow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.