Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is in os x server v 2.1.1

I've updated to OS X server v.2.1 just after IOS6 released. Today, I saw v2.1.1 is available. the details about this update in App store seems to be the same as v2.1. I'm wonder if anyone know what is fixing in v.2.1.1? I can't find from anywhere.

Thanks,

Aldous

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 7:46 AM

It doesn't look like they've released the full "About Server OS X 2.1.1 Update" document yet. Here's the one for v2.1 for eventual reference: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5497

From the partial information from Software Update (in the Mac App Store), the one thing that stands out is the

retaining of network, DNS and PHP settings [when] installing or upgrading OS X Server.

Based on some threads here (and my own experience), that was a problem with the v2.1 update, where some of those setting where blown out on the upgrade. In my case the DNS settings were lost, and there were some other things that went wrong, e.g. Open Directory DB got hosed.

For the moment if you've got 2.1 installed already, I'd wait until getting further details about 2.1.1.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2012 7:46 AM in response to Some One Here

It doesn't look like they've released the full "About Server OS X 2.1.1 Update" document yet. Here's the one for v2.1 for eventual reference: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5497

From the partial information from Software Update (in the Mac App Store), the one thing that stands out is the

retaining of network, DNS and PHP settings [when] installing or upgrading OS X Server.

Based on some threads here (and my own experience), that was a problem with the v2.1 update, where some of those setting where blown out on the upgrade. In my case the DNS settings were lost, and there were some other things that went wrong, e.g. Open Directory DB got hosed.

For the moment if you've got 2.1 installed already, I'd wait until getting further details about 2.1.1.

what is in os x server v 2.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.