Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 will not allow me to create folder

I tried holding down the button till it wiggles, then dragging it on top of another button where, according to the manual and other posts, it should create a new folder containing both the apps. But when I drag on onto the other, the bottom one squirts out from under and jumps to another part of the screen.

I tried going slow but it didn't help. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 7:27 AM

You are probably trying to create a folder with an app that is actaully a folder, such as newstand or ibooks.

6 replies

Sep 27, 2012 7:33 AM in response to norman_bates

This could also happen if a folder is "full". In other words you could have quite a large number of Games Apps. You may want to put them all in a Games Folder. At some point the folder you create will be "Full" and you will have to drag the next Games App onto a Games App that is not in the Games Folder you first created.

iPhone 5 will not allow me to create folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.