Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Control Panel 2.0 is a step backwards

Sorry Apple. But it seems you are starting to screw everything up in that company. Be it the Maps in iOS 6. Mountain Lion Colour Sync which gives me nice oversaturated icons and now the control Panel for iCloud on Windows. Not to even mention the QA on the iPhone 5 and its issues. Wow what a mess.

1.02 worked like a charm on my work laptop. I updated to 2.0 and was quite astonished to see that the synchronize function for individual sections was jam packed into one single section. Come on?! Not everyone wants to sync everything with Outlook.

Now even worse I encountered that 2.0 messes the synchronization up with the contacts. Its not doing it properly or anything at all. Groups are ignored or new contacts not synchronized.

I reverted back to 1.02 and everything is back in order for now.

With each day passing by and every new product or update evolving from now on, I truly lost faith in the solidness which the brand stands for (used to).

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 8:20 AM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2012 11:36 AM in response to bschmid5

I agree with Flexigem, you want the earlier 1.1 version of iCloud. I have just downloaded this from CNET, uninstalled iCloud 2, restarted computer, installed version 1.1 and all works perfectly again (Outlook 2010 and Windows 7). Not actually a big Apple fan but I use an iPhone and the iCloud 2 update is rubbish losing the ability to cut and paste items into Outlook calender appointments. Poor software testing mirrored when I upgraded my iPhone 4S to OS6 and lost the fantastic Google Map App. Personally wouldn't use system restore which will also undo other system changes you may have done since the iCloud update. Just sign out on your PC, uninstall, re-boot, re-install v1.1, sign back into iCloud, Outlook will sync with the Apple server again and all should be fine. Make sure to turn off any automatic Apple update function, Apple software will always show iCloud 2 as recommended, untick it and ignore until sorted.

iCloud Control Panel 2.0 is a step backwards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.