Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 clock corrupted

My house is in an area that is covered by 3G. But I work in an area that is 4G-LTE. (Actually, my house is right on the border of these coverages because I notice it switching from 3G to LTE periodically.)

Anyway, what I notice is that when I switch from the LTE to 3G network, my iPhone 5 clock gets corrupted. It's 2h22m off. Weird. It doesn't do it right away, but after I'm home for awhile, I'll notice that the clock has been changed. I know this corruption causes errors in my iMessage app because I've gotten an error message about it. It may cause errors in others.

Once I leave my house and go back into stable LTE coverage, I can do one of the following to correct the clock (because it won't autocorrect):

- turn the phone off and then back on

- go to Settings => General => Date&Time and switch "Set Automatically" off and then back on

These fixes will also work if I stay in 3G coverage.

This has happened every day since I got the phone so I know it's a real bug. I'm sending a support request to Apple today.

If anyone has a permanent fix, post it here. Thanks.

Otherwise, however, I love my iPhone 5 and LTE speed makes all the difference.

iOS 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 9:01 AM

21 replies

Oct 20, 2012 9:34 AM in response to 21135630

I don't see how the carrier can possibly be blamed for this.

My 3GS bumped my time forward by an hour and a half today without me even realising for most of it. My internet is currently down in the house so the wifi signal the phone has been picking up all day had been dead. I have had this phone for 3 years and it has never happened before - clearly a another problem Apple needs to sort out ASAP and is no doubt linked to the new IOS?

iPhone 5 clock corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.