Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 won't charge

I got my iPhone 5 on Wednesday, it charged once but when I went to charge it last night it did not work, has anyone got any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 9:32 AM

158 replies

Jan 13, 2017 10:10 PM in response to StueyMonster

Thank you for this post, I fixed my boyfriend's iPhone. I used a dental floss pick with a curve on it. I cleaned out some and nothing happened. But as I kept gently scraping out the fluff, I realized there was a lot more left! If anyone else is having issues and you are sure it isn't water damage or any other damage, like this guy said, check the charger port. You'll be surprised. :)

Sep 30, 2012 1:47 PM in response to taffles

I have the same problem. The iphone 5 suddenly failed to charge with the included charging cable. The included cube charger is OK - it charges the other iphone 4S. Then it must be the phone or the cable. I took it to the Apple store at Houston Galleria. The guy tested it and it worked again. I asked him politely to replace the cord for me. I don't need a new one, just a working one. I can give my new one to him. You know what? After 3 mac laptops, 5 iphones and 2 mac desktops - the answer is NO. You come back if the charging problem occurs again. If I am Steve, I shall fire those people immediately. Mark my words, look out for recall of the phone or the charging cord soon.

My iPhone 5 won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.