Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a playlist of my podcasts

AS the title says, how do I create a playlist with the new podcast app?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 9:56 AM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2012 3:06 PM in response to Dowquest

Hopefully, someone here can put your mind at ease. I'm not confident though. Check out this post I've just found (in the Podcasts for iOS community) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4262881?answerId=19643117022#19643117022 which I've linked at the point where the post by user derrific who suggests that if the Podcasts App is deleted, you automatically get back the Podcasts in the Music App function. (I cannot check this for myself, so be wary ...). It's a very long thread, but it may enlighten you.

At least two posts in that thread have suggested using the Apple Feedback to let Apple know about this. Apple don't (as a rule) read these discussions, but they do listen to the Feedback at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ - although you will notice that there is no specific option yet for the Podcast App under the iOS Apps heading. If feedback is positive enough (such as give us Playlist functionality in the Podcast App) it may have the desired effect.

I'm still using iOS 4.2.1, so cannot use the Podcast App, but from what I've read, I'm dreading the day I can no longer use the Podcasts section of the Music App, because the bad reviews do appear to be justified. I currently use Playlists to play only the Podcast episodes I want, at a given time, so I agree with you that if you cannot create a Playlist within the App, it is, as you say, a stunningly dumb move.

Oct 3, 2012 1:13 PM in response to Dowquest

You can't create a playlist in the podcasts app, but you can create a playlist of podcasts in iTunes and sync it to your device. The podcasts are all there, but Music won't let you see them if you have the podcast app. But once that playlist is on your device, you can use voice commands (on the iPhone 4, and presumably Siri on the 4s and 5) to get Music to play your playlist of podcasts.

Doc

How do I create a playlist of my podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.