Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay stops when iPhone locks

I've tried a couple of video play back tests and it seems when my iPhone 5 locks after 1 min, playback on Apple TV (latest) also stops. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:06 AM

8 replies

Oct 10, 2015 2:25 PM in response to Robin Edwards

Okay, since I just bought my iPhone, I contacted customer support via chat to try and resolve this issue. After 40 minutes and two support reps, I finally got tired of them asking me the same questions over and over and told them so. They finally set me up for a call back. Phone rings at the scheduled time and no one is on the other line. Why even call it customer support. I actually asked the last "CSR" if the iPhone and Apple TV is designed so that streaming continues when the phone locks. Instead of answering my questions, she gets defensive and tells me that I have to be respectful. I expect this kind of service if I'm calling Comcast but not from Apple. Sorry to put it on this post but I am extremely frustrated right now and just needed to vent.

AirPlay stops when iPhone locks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.