Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty Genius Playlists in the Music app are growing in number and I don't know why.

I have updated my New iPad to iOS 6, and for some reason - which I cannot figure out - every time I open the Music app it seems like another empty Genius playlist has been added. I do sync with iTunes and have NO genius playlists in the music section of iTunes on my MacBook. Genius is turned off as well in iTunes.

Since these Genius playlists cannot be deleted on the iPad itself and they are nowhere to be found in iTunes, I am at a loss. I haven't tried unsyncing all music and then syncing again because I just noticed this today at work. I will try that when I get home.

Any other sage words of advice? BTW ... I do not use iTunes Match either.

The new iPad-OTHER, iOS 5.1, 64GB WiFi

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:42 AM

8 replies

Dec 9, 2012 2:40 PM in response to Demo

I found a way to delete them. Tap them, so they. Tap the save button (I don't know if it's called that in english, I'm German - the button on the far right.) Tap it again to "edit" then tap "done", go back to "lists". Then tap and hold on the same list. A "X" delete button should appear.

I don't know if it always works, I just tried and tapped and tapped and tapped...

Empty Genius Playlists in the Music app are growing in number and I don't know why.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.