Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.8 Xserve cannot join domain

Hello World!

I've got an Xserve that has gone walkabout. running 10.6.8 it "escaped" the domain it was joined to, and now will not rejoin the doamin.

Any thoughts on where to start looking?

-background. I tried to login one day using my domain creds and it refused. could not Screen share, use the Parallels console (it refused the network credentials as well) nor could I SSH.

the Local Admin account works just fine. Screen sharing, PMC, SSH, everything works fine. OKAY.... So, It was joined to our AD, but no longer acting like it.

reboot, still no joy. I did an "UNBIND" and it was no longer bound to the domain, but now will not rejoin the domain. I keep getting the error that the user name or password is incorrect.

and yes I've checked that I'm typing everything correctly, I can get into the network drives from the Xserve using my Network creds, but it will not join AD.

I'm using the same settings that I have on my other 3 xserves.

thanks.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:37 AM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2012 7:41 AM in response to SatanMAT

Another common problem preventing joining AD would be if the Mac clock is significantly out of sync with the AD controller. You can use your AD controller as a network time server to prevent this in future.

I recently setup a Mac image deployment system and was finding that the returned Macs often had been left on and as result had a flat battery which in turn reset the clock. So I had to add a step to first resync the clock before joining AD.

10.6.8 Xserve cannot join domain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.