Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sent a message in Mail with my iCloud account. It didn't appear in my sent folder. All my other messages sending before and after appear in sent folder. It is not in drafts or outbox. Also, the party's e-mail is stored now when i type the first letters?

Please help.. for work. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 12:33 PM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2012 12:38 PM in response to HeyRob

to clarify... apparently mail program on my mac stores all the addresses of people i've sent mail to... this was the first message I ever sent to this party, and now the name is appearing in my program when i type the first couple letters in a new message it pops up.. so confused why it is not in sent mail?? did it send? thanks. I know other people have had this problem.. but no one ever followed it up with the resolution. not sure what happened in their circumstance.

Sep 28, 2012 1:22 AM in response to HeyRob

HeyRob wrote:

this was the first message I ever sent to this party, and now the name is appearing in my program when i type the first couple letters in a new message it pops up..

This is normal auto-completion. You can stop it for this person by going to to menu Window>Previous recipients and locating their name in the list and removing it.

I can't answer as to the other issue - I just tested it with my account and it worked as expected.

I sent a message in Mail with my iCloud account. It didn't appear in my sent folder. All my other messages sending before and after appear in sent folder. It is not in drafts or outbox. Also, the party's e-mail is stored now when i type the first letters?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.