4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 1:22 AM by Roger Wilmut1
HeyRob Level 1 (0 points)

Please help.. for work. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • HeyRob Level 1 (0 points)

to clarify... apparently mail program on my mac stores all the addresses of people i've sent mail to... this was the first message I ever sent to this party, and now the name is appearing in my program when i type the first couple letters in a new message it pops up.. so confused why it is not in sent mail?? did it send? thanks. I know other people have had this problem.. but no one ever followed it up with the resolution. not sure what happened in their circumstance.

• Marco Meneghello Level 1 (10 points)

Same problem here. Randomly sent messages simply disappear.

• photographyman Level 1 (0 points)

I'm experiencing similar, but have found that the emails ARE being sent, but using a 'from' address of another of my email accounts.

I have tested this and the fault recurrs: when I send an email from my @me.com account it goes, but arrives with a different 'from' address.

Any suggestions?

Mark

• Roger Wilmut1 Level 9 (75,064 points)

HeyRob wrote:

this was the first message I ever sent to this party, and now the name is appearing in my program when i type the first couple letters in a new message it pops up..

This is normal auto-completion. You can stop it for this person by going to to menu Window>Previous recipients and locating their name in the list and removing it.

I can't answer as to the other issue - I just tested it with my account and it worked as expected.

• Csound1 Level 8 (46,885 points)

HeyRob wrote:

Please help.. for work. Thanks!

Use Spotlight to search for it, the subject line is usually a good 'key'