Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1 'software is up to date' but is on 4.3.5 !

Hi - I have an iPad 1

I run iTunes on a Mac Air, version 10.7

I would like to upgrade my iPad to iOS 5.1.

The forums all seem to say "connect iPad to iTunes, let it sync, and it will auto update'

However - I connect to iTunes and it says "Your iPad Software is up to date. Click Check for Update to see if a new update is available"

If I hit the 'check for update' button, it just opens my File List, showing every app of doc on my mac.

For info I went into Apps, then iTunes, but that was grey'd out (in the file list after hitting 'cgheck for update'

So - I'd really like to upgrade to 5.1 (because I want to use Google Drive App), I seem to be stuck on 4.3.5, and connecting to iTunes and syncing does not make any difference.

Can you help me find a way to upgrade?

Many thanks

iPad, iOS 4.3

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 1:35 PM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2012 3:10 PM in response to Frustrated-of-London

iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4972

If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect to your computer & click on the "Update your device using iTunes".

Tip - You may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

iPad 1 'software is up to date' but is on 4.3.5 !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.