Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default signature

Suddenly my signature is not appearing in a new mail message. Each time I now must select one of my 4 signatures. How do I make one of these my default signature that will appear on every new mail message unless I replace it with another signature. This was work OK for a longtime but something changed recently and I have no signature on a new mail message until I select one.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, MacBook Air, IPad v1, Apple TV v2

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 1:44 PM

Open preferences of Mail and select Signature.

A window will open with the list of your accounts on the left and the Signature connected to each account.

At the bottom of the window there is a selection box for the default signature to be used for this account.

Select the one you like and check the box.

Repeat for each account

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2012 1:44 PM in response to jimhaynes

Open preferences of Mail and select Signature.

A window will open with the list of your accounts on the left and the Signature connected to each account.

At the bottom of the window there is a selection box for the default signature to be used for this account.

Select the one you like and check the box.

Repeat for each account

Default signature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.