Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Spotlight Search Finds Person Launches Contacts App But Does Not Go The Card

This is something new I have found as a bug in Mac OS X Mountain Lion...

Command Space to spotlight Person XYZ shows the person's contact in the search results. Selecting that launches Contacts app, BUT it stays at whatever last card had been displayed last time. I still have to go into the find window and again search for the contact, which is then found.... making it duplicated effort.

Anoyone else seeing that? Thank you.

Imran

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Nikon D300 +++

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 2:28 PM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2012 1:11 PM in response to IMRAN

Yes, I am seeing this too. Actually, I get two entries for the person in the search results. One is empty and behaves as you describe. The other (which always seems to be the 2nd one for me) is not empty, and behaves as expected.

This happened when I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. I thought it might be a Spotlight indexing issue, but forcing the Spotlight indexes to be rebuilt did not make a difference.

See also https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4270169 for another report of exactly what I'm experiencing.

Any fixes?

Mountain Lion Spotlight Search Finds Person Launches Contacts App But Does Not Go The Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.