Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming calls not able to be answered

Since upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4S I can't answer incoming calls when my phone is plugged into my car's USB port (Honda Fit). When the phone rings and I try to answer it, nothing happens. It shows the usual screen but when I try to slide the bar to answer it doesn't move, or if I hit the button on the top of the phone to ignore the call that doesn't work either. Even if I unplug the phone from the car's USB connection while it is ringing the phone remains frozen until the incoming call has gone to voicemail. I never had this kind of problem before the upgrade to iOS 6. Does anyone know why this happens or what I can do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 4:58 PM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2012 9:07 PM in response to RogerAnthony

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem - except with the iphone 5. I can't hear the phone ring when it's plugged into the USB in my car stereo, and my phone freezes and I can't answer the calls. I try to hit the accept button to take the call, but nothing happens. I also can't hear Siri when it's plugged into the car stereo. When I had my iphone 4, I could hear the phone ring through the car stereo and I was able to answer the calls and talk to the person while it was still plugged in.

Incoming calls not able to be answered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.