Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I update my iPhone 4 to IOs 6, it runs slow even when connected to wifi, apps crash, battery drains rapidly, it just horrible. Can I go back to IOs 5.1 ? how ?

Since I update my iPhone 4 to IOs 6, it runs slow even when connected to wifi, apps crash, battery drains rapidly, it just horrible. Can I go back to IOs 5.1 ? how ?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 4:39 PM

14 replies

Sep 27, 2012 4:55 PM in response to MPIphone

I am having the same issues....horrible upgrade!!! Just upgraded last night and hate, hate, hate it!! Battery life is terrible and almost every icon I use crashes....messsaging, phone, music, contacts.....they mysteriously close out in the middle of trying to send a text message, place a call, look up a contact....it's just awful...should have left it alone and never upgraded!!!

Sep 27, 2012 5:34 PM in response to MPIphone

It is heartbreaking to see that Apple has deteriorated to levels of Microsoft. That's why I wait with any upgrade for an extended period of time (2-3 months) after the launch of the upgrade.

If you your device is not anymore usuable in the way it was before you installed Apple's upgrade, it constitutes damages to your device inflicted by their upgrade. If you damage someones property your are responsible for the damages and have the legal duty to make good the damages.

Either they make good the damages within a reasonable period of time or they have to compensate for the damages e.g. give you a new and working device with the old IOS. If Apple rejects to do so you should simply refer it to the Consumer Council or any similar authority in your area.

I hope they can make good the damages in no time because all of us just want to have a perfectly working iPhone. On the other hand we need to be strong and tough on them - just imagine something similar happens to your car. Would you just take it?

Good Luck.

Tom

Sep 27, 2012 5:46 PM in response to MPIphone

We see the same kinds of problems in a certain percentage of cases with every iOS update.

The problem is tied to some kind of issue or corruption in the backup that was restored post update.

First re-boot the phone.

If that doesn't solve it, restore it.

If that doesn't solve it, restore it as a new device. DO NOT restore your backup. Test it. Is the problem gone?

If not, Google "iPhone DFU Mode". Put the phone in DFU mode and re-install iOS. Do NOT restore your backup yet.

Is the problem gone? If so, restore your backup and see how it behaves. If the problem comes back, the issue is with your backup. Set it up as a new device and rebuild it from scratch.

Millions of people have updated identical hardware with the same version of iOS. There is something unique about the backup that was used to restore your phone after the update that is causing the problems.

Sep 30, 2012 8:49 PM in response to KiltedTim

Since I installed iOS6 on my iPhone 4 after turning it on it takes well over one minute to boot up. Apple said iOS6 is so big it's causing this. Before the install it booted up in seconds. It scares me that it isn't going to boot up at all. The phone works fine otherwise although sending email is slow. Has anyone else had this slow boot up problem? Also does anyone have any idea when Apple will fix all the issues with the iPhone 5?

Oct 20, 2012 6:15 AM in response to MPIphone

Hi,

Try to deactivate the FACEBOOK INTEGRATION (go to settings).. After i removed it to my iphone 4 All apps are now doing fine... No more crashing of apps :-) hope it works for you...

The problem is with facebook, go to settings / facebook / your user name and delete your account, the do a hard reset (home+power for some seconds).

dont need to delete the facebook app! just delete your integrate account from settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.