Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do apple stores have iPhone 5 in stock?

I was wondering if apple stores have iPhone 5s in stock

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 5:31 PM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2012 9:10 PM in response to Masonhardwick

I have called my local store in Santa Rosa Ca every day since the 22nd of september. They always say out of stock. I have saved the phone in my cart @ the online apple store and log in everynight just at the moment the on store pickup option has been turned on. Every night I get the same message unavailable and it's unavalable in all stores within a large radius. So today I go into the store because I know the at&t store in the same shopping mall expected to get delivery of more iphones at 4:00. So I stop by the apple store only to be told they sold out. I asked the manager if they have replenished stock since the first sell out on the 22nd and he said yes they have been getting new stock regularly however they sell out shortly after they open @ 10:00 am. So I'm thinking hmmmm. This means the online inventory doesn't work, the store holds all incoming inventory until the next day and won't tell you when the next order is due in. So if you need a phone like I do, since my screen is cracked, your basically screwed until Apple decides they are going to give their stores enough stock to last until the next delivery, the online inventory starts working, or the stores tell you when they expect another order to arrive so you can show up then. I don't see any of those things happening any time soon or at all.

Oct 10, 2012 7:43 AM in response to sruddy

I have been checking at night too. It does work but the stores get so few iPhones that they get reserved / purchased for pickup instantly at 10. I was waiting on monday night to check stock and lost track of time. I checked at 10:04 (i am in chicago) and for 1 second the Apple retail store nearest to me showed "available" but i waited too long to select it and by the time i figured out what was going on, it was unavailable again. I think it is just a case of hundreds of people all trying for the same 5 or 10 phones a night. There was a store in Indiana that had stock since monday but then just sold out this morning. So they are out there, but the stock is very limited.

Do apple stores have iPhone 5 in stock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.