Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover a unsaved file in Pages '09 v4.2

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me to recover a couple of unsaved files. I was working on Pages '09 with several Pages opened and in an accidental click I closed two of these with out save. Do you know how to recover files from a Temp Folder or any Similar?

Thanks in advance,

-Daniel.

iWork '09 (Pages v4.2)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 5:23 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2012 6:04 PM in response to Danniel.Sotto

Since you're using Lion & Pages 4.2 autosave will have saved the files if you have saved them at least once. There is a folder of "unsaved documents" in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences but I have no idea how it works. The one time I tried opening one of the files I got an error, but you might have a different result. In Lion you need to go to Finder, hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu & your users Library will appear about halfway down the list.

User uploaded file

recover a unsaved file in Pages '09 v4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.