Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery didn't fix the beachballs in ML, what next?

Hi all - I hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

Recently, I've been brought to a repeated standstill in Mountain Lion on my mid 2009 MBP. The beachball comes up randomnly with pretty much any application. I've had the issue on my admin account, wife's account & a guest user account. I've disabled flash, java, before trying the recovery mode (cmd + R) which didn't help.

I don't know, but it seems like the next step is to do a clean install. However, when I bought Mountain Lion, I forgot to copy the install dmg file to a flash drive. Is this an issue or can I re-download Mountain Lion and go thru the process of saving the install file to a USB drive?

Of course if there's a method I overlooked or wasn't aware of besides doing a clean install, I'd love to hear it.

It would cut down the grumbling from my wife.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 7:32 PM

9 replies

Sep 27, 2012 9:43 PM in response to mister5

Checked the login Items in System Preferences and the only item checked is iTuneshelper. I had a few other items:

Dropbox

Eeventmanager (all users) (Epson software)

Cloak

Microsoft Database Daemon

Laciebackupd (all users)

But none of these were checked. What would be a good direction to go now. Simply opening apps and look for sluggishness?

Thanks,

Mike

Recovery didn't fix the beachballs in ML, what next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.