Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with the New iPhoto update

I just updated iPhoto and now I get the following message, "Your photo library will not be readable by previous versions of iPhoto after the upgrade. The upgrade process for very large libraries may take an hour or more to complete." I'm afraid to continue because, stupidly, I have not backed up my photos (I will now!). I've been reading similar stories after an iPhoto update last year, and the process has taken way longer for some - days and weeks and months, with no fix. I realize my negligence, combined with this update, has put my photos at risk. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm a beginner at all things Mac. Thanks for your help!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:25 PM

You can back up now. Just make a copy of the iPhoto library

And you really need to be backing up all the time or you will lse your photos sooner or later

For this message it means just what it says, once you upgrade your library earlier versions will not beep able to access it

The upgrade does not take days It generally takes minutes unless you have a very large library. Then it might take an hour

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2012 11:25 PM in response to AmyT.

You can back up now. Just make a copy of the iPhoto library

And you really need to be backing up all the time or you will lse your photos sooner or later

For this message it means just what it says, once you upgrade your library earlier versions will not beep able to access it

The upgrade does not take days It generally takes minutes unless you have a very large library. Then it might take an hour

LN

Problems with the New iPhoto update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.