Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIDI problem with GarageBand

I am trying to control GarageBand with an old 80s Keyboard (Roland JX1) via a USB midi interface into my new generation MacBook Air with Mountain Lion (although the following problem happened on an older MacBook Pro too). I can get the GarageBand voices to play using this keyboard, but the problem is they don't cut off. AND it seems that they only play monophonically (i.e. can't do chords). Any ideas on what I can do?

I also have a Yamaha TG-100 module that I hook up to the JX-1 and wanted to know whether it was worth getting Logic Pro 9 to control them.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 4:20 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2012 12:19 PM in response to cobbler1975

Just checking that you have tried a variety of sounds within GB as some of them a monophonic and some polyphonic. Also, you can play ployphonic sounds from the JX1 and the TG-100 via a MIDI cable just fine? If so, have you tried another type/brand of MIDI interface with your computer? What about a different MIDI keyboard using the same setup... just some trouble shooting ideas. 🙂

MIDI problem with GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.