Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone4S Bluetooth Audio Streaming not working after iOS6 update.

I just bought and installed the Clarion NX602 navigation system in my car three weeks ago. My iPhone4S iOS 5.1.1 was working great with bluetooth audio streaming and bluetooth hands free for phone calls. When I upgraded to iOS6 the audio streaming stopped working. My nav system recognizes the phone via bluetooth but doesn't see any songs and displays "Unknown" for song name artist and album with the buttons disabled to play. I can still use the bluetooth for phonecalls. The Clarion NX602 uses Parrot Bluetooth for hands-free communication, to access the iPhone phonebook and for stereo audio streaming. I have researched Clarion and the Apple forums. It seesm to be a problem with iOS 6. There are plenty of folks complaining about this glitch. I called Apple support and the rep said this will be addressed with iOS 6.1 update in a few weeks. I sure hope this is true because Parrot Bluetooth is used in most car audio systems these days. There are two apps on the NX602 that require Bluetooth audio.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 4:43 AM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2012 6:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Well, Just got off the phone with Apple tech support about this Bluetooth audio streaming issue and their official answer was "It's not Apple's OS problem, you need to call Clarion to get their update". Really?? Can Apple do no wrong and admit they messed up with iOS6 by not testing it successfully? I just bought a brand new car stereo (Clarion NX602), updated the car stereo operating system and audio streaming still doesn't work. I upgraded to iOS6.01 (tech support told me to) and it still doesn't work. I restored my iPhone4S from factory settings and it still doesn't work. Everything was running well with iOS5.1.1 but Apple says this isn't their problem? Seriously? How can Apple expect other companies to conform to their changes? So now Clarion, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc all have to figure out what Apple did to the Bluetooth protocol of the new iOS and provide updates to all these costumers? That's pretty arrogant, as soon as my contract is up I am going Droid!

IPhone4S Bluetooth Audio Streaming not working after iOS6 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.