Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not getting the automatic message.??

I am not getting the automatic message to agree to terms of service. I am using iOS 5.1.1, not 6. Why do I not get the load of the latest terms and conditions?

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 7:03 AM

8 replies

Sep 28, 2012 8:59 AM in response to ctrent9

I went to the site http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/ with my PC at work. It asked me to sign in. When I did, I was prompted to acknowledge terms of iCloud service and to create an Apple Communities Username, which I did and did.

I have not had a chance to see if this has resolved my AppleTV Photostream access impairment after updating the AppleTV software problem.

I will reply again if this resolved the issue. I would still love to know why the official fix, did not work as described for my iOS5 device.

Oct 3, 2012 11:26 AM in response to cbg_builder

I am now fixed. This is my fix (I have a iPhone4s w iOS 5.1.1 and iPad 1 and a PC. But, you only need the PC and the PC iCloud software): open the iCloud Control Panel program ( Win7 Start Menu). It prompted me to sign in. I did. And, voilá, I get the Please Agree to iCloud Terms of Service pop-up. I agree. I close the program. Go to my AppleTV, and now, finally, I am allowed to sign into PhotoStream, and the photos start coming down. I still have my old iPad, my old iOS and my new Apple TV is working again.

Oct 3, 2012 11:29 AM in response to ctrent9

I am now fixed. This is my fix (I have a iPhone4s w iOS 5.1.1 and iPad 1 and a PC. But, you only need the PC and the PC iCloud software): open the iCloud Control Panel program ( Win7 Start Menu). It prompted me to sign in. I did. And, voilá, I get the Please Agree to iCloud Terms of Service pop-up. I agree. I close the program. Go to my AppleTV, and now, finally, I am allowed to sign into PhotoStream, and the photos start coming down. I still have my old iPad, my old iOS and my new Apple TV is working again.

Oct 3, 2012 11:53 PM in response to ctrent9

I have the same setup and downloaded the latest icloud software for windows 7 as I didnt have it installed previously. Signed in and .... nothing still ... no popup or option to accept any new terms and conditions 😠

And so Apple goes into my "don't automatically upgrade" bag as Microsoft and every AV vendor has until I check the fallout on forums.

Pleased it worked for you mate but as yet i'm still stuck with nowhere to go 😠

Oct 5, 2012 12:58 AM in response to wheeliepw

Issues:

######

After updating apple TV to the latest version one cannot accept the license agreement.

Fix:

####

Update an IOS device such as IPAD or Iphone (updated my iphone 4s) to the latest version and accept the terms and conditions after the IOS 6 install. I know, I know, you have to update another IOS device to a flawed version of IOS to fix another flaw!

This rectifies the issue with Apple TV.

2nd Issue:

#########

As a side effect of this my photoshare was now showing 0 photos.

Tried:

#####

Tried resetting the photoshare from www.icloud.com = failed

Tried resetting the apple TV unit and setting up again = failed

Tried disabling home sharing on the windows XP PC with iTunes and re-enabling = failed

Tried pointing the "share photos to cloud" to another folder on XP = failed

Get this!

The fix?

I had to download the iCloud app onto my other PC running windows 7 (its not supported on XP!!!)

Logged into the app and it displayed that photoshare was now disabled, What The F....?

Re-enabled photoshare and pointed it to a folder with the pics on the Win7 PC = failed

Once I enabled photoshare on the Win7 PC I had to then copy all the photos into the UPLOAD folder and sure enough that started to slowly copy the files upto icloud so apple TV could see them.

So basically the photos I had shared under windows XP with itunes was now defunct and cannot be used to populate it until you have a win7 PC setup and sharing the pics.

Fixed = yes

Seriously fecked over from apple? YEP

complete clowns!

Hope this works for you chaps.

I am not getting the automatic message.??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.