Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Functions menu behind keyboard

When I clic in the functions button the menu appear behind the keyboard so I am not able to see all the options, there's no way to either hide the keyboard or make the menu appear above it. I have reinstalled Numbers. I'm using iPad 3 IOS 6. Someone know how to fix it? Appreciate it.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 8:56 AM

4 replies

Sep 29, 2012 3:35 AM in response to Edupacar

Me too, i cannot use my numbers app because i cant see the first line on the keyboard input that i can choose type of numbers such as text, number, date,or function. Someone please tell me how to fix it because i have to do my work. It happened after i installed ios 6 ths is just my fault to believe in the new product from apple. Why i break my work with the new update.

Oct 11, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Edupacar

Hi Edupacar,

For future reference, this happens when the keyboard is moved up from the bottom of the screen.

Almost hidden on the Enter key is a little move handle. With that you can move the keyboard up and down to see what is behind it. If the keyboard is not docked at the bottom of the screen, the function list can be obscured.

Use the handle to move the keyboard back down to the bottom and the function list will be above it.

User uploaded file

Functions menu behind keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.