Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

@me.com email address suddenly no longer working!

My @me.com email address quit working on Sept 28th, and any emails sent to this address are immediately rejected. The sender receives a message that the email address does not exist. I have been using this address since .mac was changed to mobileMe. This is my primary email address for my business and personal use.

This address was an email alias that was working fine in iCloud up until a couple of days ago. I called Apple support and was on the phone with them for over three hours yesterday, and they said the @me.com address should still be working in addition to the same address at @iCloud.com. The address @iCloud is working, as is the same address @mac.com, but the @me.com does not work. Apple has been completely unable to solve this problem.

So, I'm now no longer receiving any email from the hundreds of people and buisinesses I need to keep in contact with. I have already notified a group of close correspondants that Apple broke my email and they now need to use a new address, but I'm now facing the prospect of changing my email, one by one, with all the companies, web sites, and people I deal with. More time wasted, thanks to Apple's failure to make a smooth conversion.

I've lost confidence in Apple being a serious business partner with this major disruption to my business and personal use. I've never had an email account suddenly stop working with absolutely no notice. This comes on top of the two day mail outage I experienced on Sept 12th, but is actually much worse because all the messages sent to me are completely lost.

If anybody has had this same issue with @me.com email aliases, and has a solution, please post a reply. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 13" 2.8GHz i7 8GB SSD

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 9:26 AM

8 replies

Jan 10, 2013 6:22 AM in response to David Bruce

Hi, this is January 10th 2013, I live in Switzerland and for me the same problem occurred very recently (3 days ago). Mails sent are not even rejected, they just never arrive. Reading in the forum that this is a three month old issue (at least) known to apple and should have been resolved after 2 weeks (Oct. 12) I think it's awfully frustrating. What did you do about it? Did anyone get their @me's back meanwhile? Is there any hope for the near future?

Jul 22, 2013 5:39 AM in response to David Bruce

Well I'd like to add to this thread as it is now July 2013 and I have found my @me acct. is no longer working either. I can send from it, but cannot receive....it seems all new accts are created as @icloud.com...tried the same address with the icloud domain name and still no inbound mail.....

Luckily I do not use this for business, but the lack of a publicly known answer at this stage I find mind blowing...

Jul 22, 2013 5:50 AM in response to DatuhBus

DatuhBus wrote:

Luckily I do not use this for business, but the lack of a publicly known answer at this stage I find mind blowing...

That is because there is no systemic issue, only users with incorrectly setup Mail.

@mac, @me and @icloud addresses all work, I have all 3 and can send / receive from any I choose. You need to find out what is wrog with the setup of YOUR mail.

Start by logging in at www.icloud.com, going to mail and checking whether you can send and receive from the website, Post Back.

Jul 22, 2013 7:53 AM in response to Csound1

I have worked in Information Technology for 20 years (a good portion included being an Administrator of Exhange and Domino servers), so I know the basics of setting up an email client and troubleshooting mail delivery....I mention that because I know you could not know that as I am an anonymous person from your perspective and you do not know where I am starting from technically...

MY discovery of the issue of no longer receving mail at the @me address was from the website, no a desktop or mobile client. If I could send and receive at the website I would not have posted.

My @me account worked completely for quite awhile (send and receive at desktop and website) and then all of a sudden it was no longer was receving mail. The initial setup from iOS does not require a lot of configuration detail from the end user to setup, so not much to "incorrectly" setup there and it hasn't changed since it was inistally setup and working. Somewhere along the line FOR ME and OTHERS it stopped for whatever reason, so there IS or WAS a systemic issue for some users however limited in scope it may have been from your perspective, but obviously not for you.

Bottom line is the @me ADDRESS is no longer receiving mail (alias accts send and receive w/o issue). can't really change the configuration from the website in order to "incorrectly" configure it to account for it now all of a sudden being screwed up...this is not a desktop client configuration issue in my case....definitely something on the backend with it resolving the address to the correct mailbox...

Jul 22, 2013 7:55 AM in response to DatuhBus

DatuhBus wrote:

I have worked in Information Technology for 20 years (a good portion included being an Administrator of Exhange and Domino servers), so I know the basics of setting up an email client and troubleshooting mail delivery....I mention that because I know you could not know that as I am an anonymous person from your perspective and you do not know where I am starting from technically...

MY discovery of the issue of no longer receving mail at the @me address was from the website, no a desktop or mobile client. If I could send and receive at the website I would not have posted.

My @me account worked completely for quite awhile (send and receive at desktop and website) and then all of a sudden it was no longer was receving mail. The initial setup from iOS does not require a lot of configuration detail from the end user to setup, so not much to "incorrectly" setup there and it hasn't changed since it was inistally setup and working. Somewhere along the line FOR ME and OTHERS it stopped for whatever reason, so there IS or WAS a systemic issue for some users however limited in scope it may have been from your perspective, but obviously not for you.

Bottom line is the @me ADDRESS is no longer receiving mail (alias accts send and receive w/o issue). can't really change the configuration from the website in order to "incorrectly" configure it to account for it now all of a sudden being screwed up...this is not a desktop client configuration issue in my case....definitely something on the backend with it resolving the address to the correct mailbox...

I'm glad that it is not affecting me then, maybe try contactng Apple Tech Support?

@me.com email address suddenly no longer working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.