Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please... how can I delete that stupid VIP mailbox that was forced onto my phone with the new software of IO6?

Please... how can I delete that stupid VIP mailbox that was forced onto my phone with the new software of IO6?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 10:06 AM

12 replies

Sep 28, 2012 10:20 AM in response to KiltedTim

If it shows up on my mailbox options when I open my email, then I am forced to see it with a big star. I have had several friends comment on what a bother it is to have it, and worse...it is called VIP...like anyone would label an inbox VIP. Next, we will be forced to have something on the phone on the page one of our apps that says VIP apps.

Dec 4, 2012 11:59 AM in response to Charles_CA

You can't delete it. It's not a "real" mailbox. I thought that was pretty clear. What's the purpose in your piping in over 2 months after the fact. I notice you didn't bother to actually contribute anything of worth to the conversation.

In fact, since this is the ONLY post you've ever made on these forums, I'd say you've never contributed anything of value at all here and are probably no more than a troll.

Dec 4, 2012 12:09 PM in response to trailrunner360

Feedback to Apple, via the link Leann provided, is the best response there is for this issue. I sent in a request for the option to hide this mailbox, as well as apps such as News Stand and Game Center that I prefer not to have taking up space on my screen. I'm not holding my breath, but taking the time to send in constructive feedback is about as much as you can do.

Dec 4, 2012 12:18 PM in response to Charles_CA

I had started all this with a question back in September. Thanks for the follow up. I have learned to live with the big VIP that simply takes up space on my phone. Oh well, the darn first world problems we have...

On another fun note, my movie recommendation of the week is Flight. I liked it, but I only add that so I can add something positive after starting all this with a negative frustrated venting.

🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.