Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Minis are RAM-upgradable?

Hello Mini fans. (I'm one too, used them at work for several years, when last employed…) I think it's time to start looking for one on eBay.

Thing is, I seem to remember the early ones were not upgradable with additional RAM. That's a BIG turnoff with the typical Mini that turns up on eBay with a scant 1 GB. Jeez, I upgraded my G5 to 5 GB of RAM years ago.

Can anyone give me a simple formula for avoiding Minis that cannot take more RAM? Thanks!

Power Mac G5 2.0 (late '05), two PM 7600s (bless 'em), beige G3, CDMA iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 11:16 AM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2012 11:48 AM in response to steve359

Ahhhh, yeah. That's what I remember our IT manager moaning about—having to almost totally break the things down to add memory.

But Macs don't depreciate fast enough to make eBay worth the risk and headache for a model that's only a year old or less. So, what this tells me is that in my destitute condition, I probably should compromise on the RAM issue. Thanks.

Which Minis are RAM-upgradable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.