Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Way to erase all data without restore?

I just got off the phone with apple and they tolf me to take the phone to verizon for exchange due to wifi issues. I don't really want to go through the whole restore process plus Verizon may not like it restored in order to check it out. If I use erase all content under the reset function, will that securely remove all data?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 11:36 AM

yes.

8 replies

Oct 29, 2013 7:18 PM in response to matrixxzero

I recently sold my iPhone 4s and followed the erase all content route but didn't stick long enough to see it through, and I found some iPhone data recovery app can restore deleted data from iPhone without backup files, so, I think we have to permanently erase everything from iPhone device before selling it, some “Deleted operation” really doesn’t erase all the data and it still out there, you cannot it.

This is an article talking about:

1. How to permanently erase data from iPhone without restoring

2. How to wipe iPhone data before selling

Way to erase all data without restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.