Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Softraid

At some point I had Softraid running. Apparently it was not removed properly. I attempted to manually remove all the associated files and have shown all hidden files and searched for softraid and find nothing but I am getting console errors generated as shown below. Can anyone explain how to stop these errors?

9/28/12 11:27:46.520 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (com.softraid.SoftRAID_Monitor[7347]) posix_spawn("/System/Library/Extensions/SoftRAID.kext/Contents/Resources/SoftRA ID_Monitor.app/Contents/MacOS/SoftRAID_Monitor", ...): No such file or directory

this error is generated every few minutes.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2017 9:25 AM

5 years later I was looking for this answer on a Sierra install, if you look at your Macintosh HD and look at the hidden files there is Tmp folder, there are 2 files there with the SoftRaid_Monitor, you delete these and you are done. It was bothering me and finally got it to leave my upper bar!!! Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2017 9:25 AM in response to digibudII

5 years later I was looking for this answer on a Sierra install, if you look at your Macintosh HD and look at the hidden files there is Tmp folder, there are 2 files there with the SoftRaid_Monitor, you delete these and you are done. It was bothering me and finally got it to leave my upper bar!!! Hope this helps.

How to remove Softraid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.