Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access Time Capsule disk via Ethernet? Only through Wi-Fi?

Hey guys,

Just got me a new latest-generation 3TB Time Capsule and hooked it up via ETH, because I have a different Linksys router which I use for my home network and internet access on my rMBP. I've one issue with it, and then an extra question:

1. Why is the Time Capsule not showing under 'SHARED' (in Finder) when it's connected through ethernet? Only when I connect to its wi-fi network (which was created during the initial setup of the TC device), does it come up. But, then I am not connected to my home network, and I want to be able to backup while surfing the web (which brings me to my next question):

2. Am I able to make my Time Capsule connect to my existing home network (via wi-fi or ethernet), so that I will be able to access its disk via Wi-Fi?

The reason for me not using the Time Capsule as my main router, is because it's configuration is very limited.

Thanks.

-w00fa

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 12:53 PM

Nevermind. Simply setting the router to Bridge, instead of DHCP and NAT (under 'Network' in the AirPort Utility) did the trick. Thanks 😀

1 reply

Can't access Time Capsule disk via Ethernet? Only through Wi-Fi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.