Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Can't access Time Capsule disk via Ethernet? Only through Wi-Fi?

1287 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 12:53 PM by w00fa RSS
w00fa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 28, 2012 12:44 PM

Hey guys,

Just got me a new latest-generation 3TB Time Capsule and hooked it up via ETH, because I have a different Linksys router which I use for my home network and internet access on my rMBP. I've one issue with it, and then an extra question:

1. Why is the Time Capsule not showing under 'SHARED' (in Finder) when it's connected through ethernet? Only when I connect to its wi-fi network (which was created during the initial setup of the TC device), does it come up. But, then I am not connected to my home network, and I want to be able to backup while surfing the web (which brings me to my next question):

2. Am I able to make my Time Capsule connect to my existing home network (via wi-fi or ethernet), so that I will be able to access its disk via Wi-Fi?

The reason for me not using the Time Capsule as my main router, is because it's configuration is very limited.

Thanks.

-w00fa

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.