Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very strange and possibly complex problem: Macbook (A1342) Trackpad starts acting strangely after typing something on keyboard

A few things you need to understand first:
1) My macbook keyboard does not work.

2) Upon reboot, the trackpad works fine.

3) Then, as soon as I try typing something on the macbook keyboard, the trackpad starts to register every single click as a two-finger (right-click).

4) Then, immediately after I push a key down on the bluetooth keyboard, the trackpad starts doing the double-click thing again.

Here's another strange thing. This issue arose a few weeks ago, then suddenly disappeared without me doing anything. I mean, the trackpad AND macbook keyboard were both working flawlessly. After about a week, this reappeared again, and my macbook keyboard stopped working, with the exception of like, 1 key.I have no idea what this could possibly be. Advice appreciated, though I'm not sure anyone here would have any clue what this could be.

MacBook, (A1342)

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 2:32 PM

3 replies

Very strange and possibly complex problem: Macbook (A1342) Trackpad starts acting strangely after typing something on keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.