Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With Bluetooth file sharing being allowed in iOS6 now, is it possible to connect a Polaroid POGO printer to the iPhone and iPad now?

I know that there is a new bluetooth sharing feature enabled on iOS6 now that wasn't there before on iOS5, and I was wondering if this means my Polaroid POGO instant printer would be able to connect to the iPhone to print photos now?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 2:43 PM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2012 10:21 AM in response to Innerartist

But wait! I just found this.... http://http://www.pcworld.com/article/260723/apples_ios_6_what_we_know.html

Including a copy/paste from the above link right here:

Bluetooth File-Sharing

Also new in the latest iOS 6 beta is a function for Bluetooth sharing support for apps, according to a screenshot posted by 9to5 Mac.

Source: 9to5MacUser uploaded file

Currently, iOS 5 allows you to share contacts with a car kit, send audio to a stereo, use audio/video remote controls, participate in multiplayer gaming, and establish connections to Bluetooth keyboards.

In iOS 6, however, apps may be able to request Bluetooth sharing functionality to swap photos, calendar dates, reminders, and contacts. The reported new sharing capability would be controlled in a new section of the Settings app labeled “Privacy.” [ end quote]

Now I'd love to know if someone who actually owns the Pogo Printer and iOS 6 can get it to work. I would immediately buy the printer which I have wanted all along except that I knew it wouldn't work with my iDevices.

Oct 1, 2012 10:41 AM in response to Innerartist

Individual apps have the ability to share data via bluetooth. They always have. That functionality does NOT exist in any of the built in apps, including the printing functions of iOS at this time. The setting you refer to is in the final release of iOS. It is there so that you can explicitly restrict apps from making data available via bluetooth peer to peer connections.

With Bluetooth file sharing being allowed in iOS6 now, is it possible to connect a Polaroid POGO printer to the iPhone and iPad now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.