Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you push all photos from camera roll to photostream?

My photos in camera roll do not all get copied to photo stream when I connect the phone to wifi. Is there a way to make sure all photos are transferred so that I can retrieve them on my Mac?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 4:22 PM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2012 5:24 PM in response to kl01

There is no way to directly copy a photo from the cameral roll to photo stream, it's done automatically when a photo is taken (and photo stream has already been turned on). Since photo stream is a syncing service (it provides a way to copy photos from the originating device to other devices in the icloud account), then the only other way to sync your photos to another device or mac is to use itunes and sync from device to mac, then from mac to another device. You can also copy a photo once on the mac to the iPhoto/Aperture photo stream album.

Sep 29, 2012 1:30 AM in response to pvonk

Thank you very much for the info! I'm just confused - why only a few photos not being able to be pushed to the photo stream. I'm guessing that's an issue with broken wifi connections or something. I'm just wondering if there is a way to re establish the sync so that all my photos are in photostream.

I'm not too keen to use iTunes coz I think syncing over the cloud is exactly what the invention of photo stream is for. What do you think have caused this? Is there a fix? Cheers!

How do you push all photos from camera roll to photostream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.