Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 bad sim card

Got two iPhone 5's are part of a family plan with AT&T. First one activated like a dream ... easy peasy. Second one appears to have a "bad SIM card" or is stuck in some activation process ... a back up.

Was on the phone with one Apple person and 3 AT&T person. I think the resolution will be a new SIM card.

Just curious if anyone else is having this problem???

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 6:21 PM

5 replies

Sep 28, 2012 7:55 PM in response to gkygrl

I got my iPhone 5 white 16 gig ths evening and I have the same problem. Called up AT&T support yet connected to tech support and the support person said its a bad sim issue. Have to get it replaced with a new sim from a AT&T store, when they are open.

The phone registered or activated correctly showing all the bars and the 4g signal but not able to make calls or surf in the 4g. Lets see if the sim replacement will help.

Sep 18, 2013 5:52 PM in response to gkygrl

It's a year after this post originated but I just had the same problem with iPhone 5 having a "bad SIM card." This phone is on Verizon. Over an hour on the phone with 2 people from Verizon, then one from apple... Then a trip to the apple store to get a new SIM card, then a trip to the Verizon store to get it activated and it finally worked. It was a huge hassle but it finally works and was able to activate with the new SIM card!

iPhone 5 bad sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.