Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot stream podcasts to ipad over wifi sharing anymore

I used to be able to use my ipad in the living room to listen to podcasts on my computer in the office via sharing, it was not the most reliable service but when it worked it was fine...

Not anymore...

Using Apple products this last year has been painful... And now this.

I have the latest operating system on the laptop and my iPad 3 and I have the podcast app installed.

I DO NOT WANT TO FILL UP MY IPAD WITH PODCASTS AND WHATS MORE I DO WANT TO WASTE YET MORE HOURS HUNTING THEM DOWN EITHER!!!

I have checked various threads and see no obvious solution, sorry if the answert is out there but what with all the other problems I am having I don't want to waste anymore time on this, so if there is a simple solution that does not involve yet more hours reinstalling god knows what and watching my life pass me by I would be grateful for the help.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 1:53 AM

6 replies

Oct 23, 2012 6:56 PM in response to leex

I'm having the same issue. I used to be able to stream podcasts via iTunes home sharing to my iPad, iPhone, and iPods. No longer. Since audio podcasts are no longer accessible from the "Music" player, and video podcasts not playable in the "Video" player, I can no longer play podcasts from my computer on my other devices.

Very frustrating. I can't believe no one else is having this issue.

Oct 24, 2012 2:16 AM in response to JohnFromNepean

Hi John

I decided to just manually add all the podcast links to my ipad, the good thing is that they stream on the internet so they dont take up place on the ipad, and you dont have to keep reconnecting. you can download if you want if you are listening off-line but I dont think you get synching with your what's on your computer, on the whole the podcast app is fine and pretty reliable.

Oct 26, 2012 5:44 PM in response to iMaddin

Leex: How do you 'add the podcast links to your iPad"? In Safari?

iMaddin: On my iPad (3rd Gen, iOS6), my Video app no longer lets me stream podcasts. Used to be an option in iOS5, but now it just allows me "Movies", "TV Shows", or "Music Videos" -- no more video podcasts. Same for audio-only podcasts - used to stream them under the music player, but that's now removed.

Lack of streaming options seems a huge oversight - remarkable, really. Thanks.

Oct 27, 2012 1:59 PM in response to leex

I have a workaround that may work some people.

I was at home watch the latest Apple Keynote in iTunes and I wanted to resume watching it on my iPad. So I selected the entry and did <CMD> I then selected "Options" and changed Media Kind to "Movie" instead of Podcast. On the iPad I went to the Video app and played the rest of it while walking around the house.

Now I just have to remember to set it back to Podcast, so it'll be in the right place in iTunes.

I cannot stream podcasts to ipad over wifi sharing anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.