I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I can now send sms!
To Everyone who has the same problem, please just follow heartwillwin's steps as stated above and your problem will be solved.
I have now the latest IOS which is 6.1 and can now send SMS.
Once again, thank you so much HEARTWILLWIN! God bless you!
I just wanted to ask you that if i update my iphone to ios you mentioned as 6.1
So in future if i update to next ios software will it not agin create problem or it will be solved
And I also want to ask which is latest ios software 6.0.2 or one you mentioned 6.1 beta
Please reply so that then i go through your steps and solve my problem
follow these steps carefully by heartwillwin.
I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!! DO EXACTLY LIKE THIS
- Update your Sprint iphone 5 to ios 6.0.2
- Power on your iphone 5 and connect it to itunes.
- Go to Summary at itunes and press "SHIFT" key and click on "UPDATE"
- Remember you DON'T have to click on "RESTORE" while "SHIFT" key is pressed.
- ONLY click on "CHECK FOR UPDATE" while "Shift" key is pressed.
- Now itunes will ask for ios file you want to update the iphone 5 to.
- Select "iPhone5,2_6.1_10B5126b_Restore.ipsw". This is the ios 6.1 BETA 4 for Sprint iphone 5(A1429) - But first you have to download this file. google it and download for free!
- Let the itunes finish the update.
- After the update, the phone will reboot and homescreen will show up.
- It WONT ask for activation of iphone 5 and WILL NOT display the message that device cant be activated as its not associated with Developer Account.
- Just insert the local GSM simcard of your country. I think you are an Indian like myself and any Airtel, Idea, Vodafone....etc will do.
- Try sending SMS/TEXT from your iphone 5 and VOILA!!! ITS DONE.
After 6 days of using my iphone 5 with IOS 6.1 with your help, my iphone 5 now is locked!!! meaning, i cant use it cause it says, it requires activation and that the phone is NOT registered as a developer account!!
Any solution for this?
TO ALL WHO WILL INSTALL THE STEPS PROVIDED BY HEARTWILLWIN, JUST BE CAUTIOUS!! INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK! Thank you.
Do not panic!
It was a beta version of 6.1 having an expiration date.
Now, Google for "ios 6.1 beta 5 iphone5.2" and find new beta 5 and download it.
Connect your phone to itunes and press shift+restore on the info tab of itunes.
Show the ipsw file you downloaded to itunes, that is all.
This one does not have an expiration date, you will be good.