Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make my music as ringtone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 3:47 PM

This how to make ring tones for your iPhone:

1. Choose the desire song from you library
  2. Do secondary click to your song
  3. Click "Get Info"
  4. Go to Options tab
  5. Set Start Time and Stop Time, some iOS only allowed 30 sec length for one ringtones, then click OK
  6. Do secondary click to your selected song
  7. Clik "Create AAC Version", new song from your selected will added to your library (short one)
  8. Do secondary click to your short one (new song)
  9. Click "Show in Finder"
  10. Rename file *.m4a to *.m4r, click "use *.m4r"
  11. Drag the file to library, for the first time it would automatically add your library with new folder "Tones" under Apps folder
  12. Open the ring tones in the Tones folder of your library than drag it to your iPhone. And your iPhone also would be automatically added "Tones" folder.
  13. Last but not least, set the ring tone in your iPhone under the "Setting-Sound"
  14. Have a nice try and great Ringtones 🙂
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2012 3:47 PM in response to Mommyjd2005

This how to make ring tones for your iPhone:

1. Choose the desire song from you library
  2. Do secondary click to your song
  3. Click "Get Info"
  4. Go to Options tab
  5. Set Start Time and Stop Time, some iOS only allowed 30 sec length for one ringtones, then click OK
  6. Do secondary click to your selected song
  7. Clik "Create AAC Version", new song from your selected will added to your library (short one)
  8. Do secondary click to your short one (new song)
  9. Click "Show in Finder"
  10. Rename file *.m4a to *.m4r, click "use *.m4r"
  11. Drag the file to library, for the first time it would automatically add your library with new folder "Tones" under Apps folder
  12. Open the ring tones in the Tones folder of your library than drag it to your iPhone. And your iPhone also would be automatically added "Tones" folder.
  13. Last but not least, set the ring tone in your iPhone under the "Setting-Sound"
  14. Have a nice try and great Ringtones 🙂

Mar 8, 2016 7:52 PM in response to damndickie

So all the ringtones from my original iphone 6 were in a file on my computer. I dragged them to my new iphone 6 (a replacement due to damage to phone #1) and they are in my music in a playlist called ringtones. how do I get them to sounds?

everytime they update iTunes, they make it more difficult. I followed all the original instructions...but alas, nothing...and why is one list called tone and another ringtones...how do I get songs in to the Tones playlist. the one song that was in there, plays as a ringtone. help. I'm tired and disgusted. I used ringmaker originally to get these all set up.. now I just want to use them.

I would even buy some tones, but the store only has new songs and my tones are classics.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.