Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp photosmart all-in-one d110a printer won't install on os x 10.8.2

My hp e-all-in-one printer (d110a) wasn't working correctly after I updated os x to 10.8.2. As per advice in another forum, I deleted the printer using the minus sign in SystemPref/Print&Scan. My printer was no where to be found after that. I tried Software Updates to see if it would update it on its own, but it didn't show any updates. I then re-installed my printer using the installation disk that came with it. After getting almost all the way to the end, if threw up a box saying I needed to go to www.hp.com/support to get an installer that would work, "if there are any". I found installation software there for d110a, but it says to install it using os x Software Updates, because in 10.8.2, it has all the drivers I need. They did not offer any installers other than that. The problem is, Software Updates still doesn't recognize my printer because it didn't install all the way, so it still shows "no updates". My printer is now listed in SysPref/Print&Scan as just the Scanner rather than both Printer & Scanner, and when I click to Open Scanner, it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the installation software for my printer without going through Software Updates since it doesn't recognize my printer?

Thank you for any help...I don't know what to try next. 😟

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 8:28 AM

Try downloading the software from here after deleting what you've already installed from /Library/Printers/hp:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

You could also use the AirPrint driver:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

Hope this helps

3 replies

hp photosmart all-in-one d110a printer won't install on os x 10.8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.