8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 1:05 PM by Seferlis
Dan Farrell Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi

I'm using garageband 09 and cannot figure out why when I start a new project, the LCD counter isn't displayed? I've searched around the menu's trying to see if I can turn it on or off but to no avail.

Anyone know how to get it to display at the bottomg of the page (like it used to!)

Cheers

Dan

iMac 27" Intel Core 2 Duo / 3.06GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 4GB RAM
  • léonie Level 9 Level 9 (63,850 points)

Dan,

your User Preferences file may be corrupted.

Quit GarageBand and remove the file

"your Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist" from your User Library.

Are you using MacOS X 10.7.x Lion or Mt. Lion 10.8.x?

Then the User Library is hidden by default. You can reveal it from the Finder's "GO" menu:

Finder > Go,   then hold down the options ⌥ key, until the Library appears in the drop-down menu, select it and open the Library folder. Then go to the "Preferences" sub folder and remove

your Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist.

Post back, if this does not help.

Reagrds

Léonie

• Dan Farrell Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi Leonie

I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8. I don't seem to have ANY file by the name "com.apple.garageband.plist".

I used the GO menu like you suggested but cannot find the file in the Preferences folder.

Do you have any other suggestions at all?

Thank you.

Dan

What do you see in the Preferences folder? Maybe you are looking at the system Library? If GarageBand ever had been running on your Mac, it must have created a preferences list.

Added:

Have a look at the GarageBand FAQ - the fix for "oddball problems" describes the removal of preferences and fixing of permissions in more detail - you should also try the permissions repair.

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/FAQPages/OddBallProbs.html

Ahhhhhhh!! Yes! That was it. Thanks Leonie. I DID find the plist file and deleted it / restarted GBand and now all is well.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Dan

Great! You are welcome, Dan.

Léonie

Hi Leonie

I have another problem. Garageband doesn't seem to be working properly since moving up to Mountain Lion. My current problem is this ;

When I go to edit the instruments to add track reverb or a compressor, there is nothing in the list where the FX used to be. Which means trashing the plist file EVERY time I want to add some sort of effect to an instrument.

Is Mountain Lion the reason?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Luetin10 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just want to say that I have been having this exact same problem since upgrading to Mountain Lion, I am running the same OS version as Dan and its effecting my Garageband the same.

Do we have any way to fix this I think a small fix update should be in order please Apple?

• Seferlis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same problem, the effects screen is gray but if i click where the buttons are suppose to be they still work. Although i would like to be able to see what i am clicking. Assistance on this issue would be much appreicated apple.