Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my LCD display not showing?

Hi

I'm using garageband 09 and cannot figure out why when I start a new project, the LCD counter isn't displayed? I've searched around the menu's trying to see if I can turn it on or off but to no avail.

Anyone know how to get it to display at the bottomg of the page (like it used to!)

Cheers

Dan

iMac 27" Intel Core 2 Duo / 3.06GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 4GB RAM

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 9:24 AM

8 replies

Sep 29, 2012 9:29 AM in response to Dan Farrell

Dan,

your User Preferences file may be corrupted.

Quit GarageBand and remove the file

"your Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist" from your User Library.

Are you using MacOS X 10.7.x Lion or Mt. Lion 10.8.x?

Then the User Library is hidden by default. You can reveal it from the Finder's "GO" menu:

Finder > Go, then hold down the options ⌥ key, until the Library appears in the drop-down menu, select it and open the Library folder. Then go to the "Preferences" sub folder and remove

your Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist.

Post back, if this does not help.

Reagrds

Léonie

Sep 29, 2012 9:49 AM in response to Dan Farrell

What do you see in the Preferences folder? Maybe you are looking at the system Library? If GarageBand ever had been running on your Mac, it must have created a preferences list.

Added:

Have a look at the GarageBand FAQ - the fix for "oddball problems" describes the removal of preferences and fixing of permissions in more detail - you should also try the permissions repair.

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/FAQPages/OddBallProbs.html

Sep 29, 2012 1:54 PM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie

I have another problem. Garageband doesn't seem to be working properly since moving up to Mountain Lion. My current problem is this ;

When I go to edit the instruments to add track reverb or a compressor, there is nothing in the list where the FX used to be. Which means trashing the plist file EVERY time I want to add some sort of effect to an instrument.

Is Mountain Lion the reason?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Why is my LCD display not showing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.