Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CPU

CPU usage accelerates causing serious increase of macbook temperature especially when playing videos. What can be the reason? And how to escpe this problem?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 9:48 AM

7 replies

Sep 29, 2012 10:06 AM in response to VHL25

VHL25 wrote:

CPU usage accelerates causing serious increase of macbook temperature especially when playing videos. What can be the reason?

Increased electrical current through the CPU components, coupled with the intrinsic resistivity of all conductors and semiconductors, results in the generation of energy in the form of heat. From a microscopic point of view, the energy transfer results from collisions of the electrons which carry the current.

Whether the resulting increase in temperature is "serious" depends upon how high it is. How high is it?

And how to escpe this problem?

Don't play the videos.

Sep 29, 2012 10:13 AM in response to CT

Thanks for the response, CT.

I can't say exactly how high the temperature is but I can assure you that the ventilation system of my macbook works so heavily and desperatly to cool the device, that I think it is gonna burst into pieces.

Actually not only videos (I really can help not playing them), but using the scype causes the same result.

CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.