Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to upgrade my 1.8Ghz Power Mac Dual Core from 10.4.7 to 10.5.6 with my 13" Aluminum Macbook's Reinstall DVD?

I have the PowerMac G5 1.8 Ghz with 2gigs of ram and a Macbook Aluminum 13" (Predescceor to the MacbookPro 13"). I was wondering if the 10.5.6 reinstall disk for my Macbook would be able to upgrade my PowerMac from 10.4.11 to 10.5.6. Are there any compatibiltiy issues? Thanks

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Dual Proccesor, 2.5GB Ram, 1.8Ghz

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 10:10 AM

Install disks for specific systems do not boot a different system. Sometimes if the two computers are from the same year and are the same type and the same build number, maybe.

1 reply

Is it possible to upgrade my 1.8Ghz Power Mac Dual Core from 10.4.7 to 10.5.6 with my 13" Aluminum Macbook's Reinstall DVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.