Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new maps app query

Hi all, i am a little confused about all the news report that are continuoslly appearing about the new iPhone 5 and a Maps App that is getting people lost !!!

I have an iPhone 4S with a perfectly good Sat Nav App called Co-Pilot which i use with great succes, i have never used the Maps App on my 4S home screen.

So what is causing all this trouble with the Maps App (apparently it was a Google Maps App)

Is it iOS6 ?

or

is it iPhone 5 ?

so can i get hold of the OLD Google Maps App anywhere ?

tim

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPad 2, iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 11:16 AM

Apple replaced Google Maps with their own in the new iOS and people don't like that which is unfamiliar, hence all the whining.

Your Co Pilot app should be unaffected.

10 replies

Sep 29, 2012 1:39 PM in response to timmy toad

Calm down.

You want to tap on the arrow next to the search bar, the end in the blue square. That'll take you to a new screen where you should switc from Mobile to Classic mode. Then you can keep zooming in until you get the desired level of detail.

I didn't quite get Street View but there was a nice flyover mode that I think would be useful. Street view might still be there but I can't be bothered to try and make it work, sorry.

new maps app query

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.