Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro (mid 2012) unable to read DVDs

I inserted DVDs into my Macbook pro but it's unable to load showing the following message:User uploaded file

Then I tried using VLC but still had no luck. The bug report was shown as follows:

User uploaded file

I'm not sure if it's a problem of area code or something. My Macbook pro is set to the spanish language and it's being used in the UK (automatically detected). The DVDs were bought in the UK. Is there any setting I have to add or change? Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 11:36 PM

I have this same problem. My Macbook Pro, completely new (2012), set to spanish language, and being used in Mexico. I inserted a couple of dvds yesterday and none of them were read. I also tried DVD player and got the same message, and then VLC, same thing as above. I tried quicktime as well and nothing happened.

DVDs are original, so I don't get why I'm getting this problem.

Is there a software problem? or is it the drive? How can I solve this?

Help appreciated!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2017 11:36 PM in response to kl01

I have this same problem. My Macbook Pro, completely new (2012), set to spanish language, and being used in Mexico. I inserted a couple of dvds yesterday and none of them were read. I also tried DVD player and got the same message, and then VLC, same thing as above. I tried quicktime as well and nothing happened.

DVDs are original, so I don't get why I'm getting this problem.

Is there a software problem? or is it the drive? How can I solve this?

Help appreciated!

Macbook pro (mid 2012) unable to read DVDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.