Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a 'Go to Top of Page' Hyperlink button on each page?

I find it useful to have this button on each of my web pages. I would like to know how to create them.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

Here's the Welcome Page as an example of my web site ...

http://screencast.com/t/XmNtstSR0

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 1:03 PM

9 replies

Sep 29, 2012 1:50 PM in response to kananaskis

Greetings,

After posting my question, I discovered there is already postings on this subject as well as answers.

I reviewed the answers and upon so doing, came up with my own solution. It is what to expect from a 'low-ended' web designer, but it will work for my purposes. Yes, simple and low-tech and somewhat time consuming but manageable for someone at my skill level.

If others are interested in what I did, I will be pleased to share my idea. It works!

Sep 30, 2012 7:35 AM in response to Roddy

Many thanks, Roddy, for passing along your informative website tutorial. I only wish I saw your tutorial long before I designed mine. I am so inexperienced I do not know how to take my existing website and recompile it using your ideas, which are exactly they way I would have like to design mine. Dismantling my existing website would be overwhelming for me and then to experiment with redesigning it in the way you have in your tutorial. Too bad you are so far away. I need to be 'nannied' by a 'live' techie to do this task with an existing website.

It is great that you have provided such an excellent tutorial for those of us who are especially low-ended. We need your skills to help us out. Again, I wish I had known about your tutorial beforehand.

If I have to construct a new website, I will certainly refer to your tutorial.

Cheerio!😉

Sep 30, 2012 9:51 AM in response to kananaskis

A back to the top button is easy to create but very few sites seem to provide them. Look at all these long skinny blog pages where you have to scroll for miles.

Any page more than about 1200px in height should have one. Either that or a next page button. If you create your own navigation in a text box you can duplicate it at the bottom of long pages as an alternative.

Oct 1, 2012 7:56 AM in response to Roddy

I think I have assimilated a compromise at my end with thanks to yours and Cyclosaurus' information. I have checked out the suggested websites you both have provided as see them as a good source to adapt to my situation. This is helpful for me with the two existing websites already on the internet. As mentioned previously, upon constructing a new website, I have better tools to work with now thanks to you both.

Cheerio!😉

How to create a 'Go to Top of Page' Hyperlink button on each page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.