Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't pair iphone 5 with Toyota Camry 2011

Hi, I am having trouble to pair the handsfree feature with my Toyota Camry 2011. I have no problem to pair the audio player but having trouble to pair with the phone. I can play the song through BT connecting my iphone 5, but i can't make phone calls with BT feature. Has anyone having the same issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Toyota Camry 2011

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:07 PM

I had this issue but it's now resolved. You can't just pair AUDIO PLAYER or BLUETOOTH - you need to go to Bluetooth set up on the car (press AUX and then the set up button - first button on the bottom left). It will be at Audio Player set up - NOW you need to scroll using the right hand tuner (round nob on the right side) - and it will give you the option of pairing your PHONE. This will pair the phone, you can also have it pair phone and audio player.

I suggest removing the audio player pairing from your phone and car and starting fresh. Worked for me after days of trying to just pair the Audio (not the phone). Good Luck!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2012 1:07 PM in response to Jasmine Sim

I had this issue but it's now resolved. You can't just pair AUDIO PLAYER or BLUETOOTH - you need to go to Bluetooth set up on the car (press AUX and then the set up button - first button on the bottom left). It will be at Audio Player set up - NOW you need to scroll using the right hand tuner (round nob on the right side) - and it will give you the option of pairing your PHONE. This will pair the phone, you can also have it pair phone and audio player.

I suggest removing the audio player pairing from your phone and car and starting fresh. Worked for me after days of trying to just pair the Audio (not the phone). Good Luck!

Apr 16, 2013 8:15 PM in response to Jasmine Sim

I know this is quite simple, but you can't be driving while you try to sync it. I wasted a long time trying to do it while the car was running, and as safety precaution it doesn't allow you to sync the Bluetooth to your car while you're driving. I guess I can't be too upset, the car outsmarted me. Anyways! Try it, I bet it will fix the syncing issue.

May 15, 2013 7:03 AM in response to Lauramye

iPhone5: I just finished pairing both my phone AND audio player to my 2013 Toyota 4Runner. You have to set each one up seperately! First, press AUX and then click setup in the lower left hand corner. Then with the right turn nob, turn it to pair audio player and press the nob in and follow the steps. Once the audio player is paired, get out of AUX and get into Radio. Then setup your phone through Radio. That is how I was able to do it!

Can't pair iphone 5 with Toyota Camry 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.