Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consolidating MacBooks and updating systems. Help?

So, my husband and I decided to move down to one MacBook and instead we purchased an ipad. His MacBook is newer and works much better (early 2008 model). I easily moved my music and documents over to his computer already. I can't move my photos yet because my computer is running Lion and iPhoto 11. I need to upgrade my husband's iphoto to iphoto 11, but can't do that because he's still running the Snow Leopard operating system. I found out today that I can't upgrade him to Mountain Lion because his computer is early 2008, so I guess I can only upgrade to Lion. I checked and if I upgrade to Lion and I can then upgrade to iphoto 11 and then can transfer my library over to my husband's computer. Problem is, I can't figure out how to download Lion now that Mountain Lion is out. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, if there's perhaps an easier way given all the detail above, I'm all ears! So much for continually being able to upgrade my mac operating system. I didn't think after four years of having a macbook, I'd have to buy a whole new computer to keep up with technology for at least five years.

Thank you!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 6:23 PM

Lion is still available from Apple. You will have to call Apple Customer Care 1-800-692-7753 or 1-800-676-2775. to purchase it. Then within 3 days you will get an email with a code which you can use to download Lion from the App Store.

1 reply

Consolidating MacBooks and updating systems. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.