Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2 stuck in headphones mode

Ever since I upgraded to ios6, my ipad 2 has been stuck in headphones mode in airplay. I've tried plugging in my headphones and pulling them out. I've powered down and started back up. I've done a full restore. Never had this problem until the upgrade.

Anyone else running into this and does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

Jon

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 5:32 PM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2012 10:43 AM in response to Jonathan Hodges

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPad. ( I think you do this restore)

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apple will exchange your iPad for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

iPad modelOut-of-Warranty Service Fee
iPad mini$219
iPad 3rd, 4th generation$299
iPad 2, iPad$249

A third-party place like the following will replace the jack for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the jack yourself

iPad Repair - iFixit

ipad 2 stuck in headphones mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.