Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Quicktime Screen Recordings in Final Cut

Hi Apple Community,

I recently made a tutorial about how to do a certain effect in Final Cut Express, recorded with Quicktime's built-in screen recorder. I need to edit out some parts, such as when the video is rendering, and I need to add an intro. When I try to import it into Final Cut Express, it gives the an error reading "File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown." I have looked through many other discussions and the only solution I can find to the import the screen recording into iMovie and export it as a different format. Only problem with that is that I don't have iMovie. I have tried "Save As..." in Quicktime and saving as a "Movie" and as "HD 720p." Neither of these will change the format and allow me to import into Final Cut Express. Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 6:06 PM

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Try using this to convert the screen grabs.

Export from Streamclip as Quicktime files and setup the export to match one of the FCE Easy Setups.

Al

2 replies

Editing Quicktime Screen Recordings in Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.